It is Kiran's birthday today. Interestingly, ever since I have known him, I have probably looked forward to his birthday more than my own. When I was a child, I liked my birthday because of all the attention and gifts that I was showered with. This one day made me feel like a special person in an otherwise 'fight to be noticed' world.
It is probably maturity with age that I care about wishes only from near and dear now and all other attention is not really welcome. However, when it comes to Kiran's birthday, I am still interested in showering the same kind of attention and gifts on him that I used to enjoy myself.
Last night I decorated the house with balloons and birthday decor to surprise him when he came home. It is a very satisfying feeling to see him surprised and happy :)
Then I got him chocolate cake from Carinos, which he recently like a lot when we were dining out there. invited our neighbor friends over to help celebrate his cake cutting. wanted to call everyone i knew to celebrate the b'day but Kiran had told me a few days before that he would not like too many ppl coming and singing 'Happy B'day. Apparently he does not like it when ppl hesitate in singing happy birthday. I tried to convince him it is not abt him that they are hesitating, but in general ppl are hesitant in singing song in public, especially if they are not trained and used to it.
I bought him an ipod touch to replace his ancient first generation ipod, which was ofcourse the coolest thing ever when i gifted it to him 5 years ago :). Thankfully he seemed to like the gift. Also bought him a dvd player for his netbook which he has been needing. At the end of the day, it makes me very happy to see him excited about something and especially if I helped get him excited :)
Happy Birthday Kanna...
February 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
February 3, 2010
Happy Birthday
It is Kiran's birthday today. Interestingly, ever since I have known him, I have probably looked forward to his birthday more than my own. When I was a child, I liked my birthday because of all the attention and gifts that I was showered with. This one day made me feel like a special person in an otherwise 'fight to be noticed' world.
It is probably maturity with age that I care about wishes only from near and dear now and all other attention is not really welcome. However, when it comes to Kiran's birthday, I am still interested in showering the same kind of attention and gifts on him that I used to enjoy myself.
Last night I decorated the house with balloons and birthday decor to surprise him when he came home. It is a very satisfying feeling to see him surprised and happy :)
Then I got him chocolate cake from Carinos, which he recently like a lot when we were dining out there. invited our neighbor friends over to help celebrate his cake cutting. wanted to call everyone i knew to celebrate the b'day but Kiran had told me a few days before that he would not like too many ppl coming and singing 'Happy B'day. Apparently he does not like it when ppl hesitate in singing happy birthday. I tried to convince him it is not abt him that they are hesitating, but in general ppl are hesitant in singing song in public, especially if they are not trained and used to it.
I bought him an ipod touch to replace his ancient first generation ipod, which was ofcourse the coolest thing ever when i gifted it to him 5 years ago :). Thankfully he seemed to like the gift. Also bought him a dvd player for his netbook which he has been needing. At the end of the day, it makes me very happy to see him excited about something and especially if I helped get him excited :)
Happy Birthday Kanna...
It is probably maturity with age that I care about wishes only from near and dear now and all other attention is not really welcome. However, when it comes to Kiran's birthday, I am still interested in showering the same kind of attention and gifts on him that I used to enjoy myself.
Last night I decorated the house with balloons and birthday decor to surprise him when he came home. It is a very satisfying feeling to see him surprised and happy :)
Then I got him chocolate cake from Carinos, which he recently like a lot when we were dining out there. invited our neighbor friends over to help celebrate his cake cutting. wanted to call everyone i knew to celebrate the b'day but Kiran had told me a few days before that he would not like too many ppl coming and singing 'Happy B'day. Apparently he does not like it when ppl hesitate in singing happy birthday. I tried to convince him it is not abt him that they are hesitating, but in general ppl are hesitant in singing song in public, especially if they are not trained and used to it.
I bought him an ipod touch to replace his ancient first generation ipod, which was ofcourse the coolest thing ever when i gifted it to him 5 years ago :). Thankfully he seemed to like the gift. Also bought him a dvd player for his netbook which he has been needing. At the end of the day, it makes me very happy to see him excited about something and especially if I helped get him excited :)
Happy Birthday Kanna...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment